Hey everyone! Happy Monday!
This week was pretty good but pretty slow. Here are some highlights:
- We met with Tamarae (our new investigator) again! And we had a solid lesson with her! She was super excited to hear about a modern-day prophet and wanted to know what his counsel is to us today!
- Dinner with the Wills family! They are super awesome and are ready to help us with missionary work:) They also have the cutest daughter ever who is so sassy and funny and she LOVES the sister missionaries:)
- Helping a family move! It was super hot but fun and there were lots of people there. They also had Rise n Roll donuts for us! They are suppperrrr good! They are made by the Amish, so the missionaries call it "Amish crack".
- We went to the temple on Friday!!!! It was super fun and peaceful:)
- Saturday we got the chance to go back down to Lafayette for one of my investigators' baptism! It was amazing and she was so excited and ready! I got to give the talk on the Holy Ghost.
- HUGGEEEE lightning and thunder storms!!! We fell asleep to them Wednesday night! It was louder than I had ever heard in my life! And the winds got up to 60 mph! There were a lot of branches and trees knocked over or split in the morning.
One spiritual thought I wanted to share this week is on the power of change. That is literally what missionary work is! We are changing, the members are changing, the investigators are changing...and its all through the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ! Its amazing how God has given us a way to always have second chances. We met a lady this week who just recently got out of prison and she is changing so much already! She has the biggest heart and the strongest testimony of the Atonement. Never forget that we can use it everyday! Its there as a gift for us to use everyday, not just save in our back pocket for a rainy day. I know that as we continue to look to Christ in our lives we will feel a lasting happiness and joy in this life:)
Love you all!
sister emily griffiths
p.s. my new address is
2400 W Clinton St apt 49
Goshen, IN 46526
Mail me a letter:
Sister Emily Griffiths
2301 E 2nd Street Apt 14
Bloomington IN 47401
Mission Office address:
Sister Emily Griffiths
Indiana Indianapolis Mission
777 Sunblest Blvd
Fishers IN 46038